Tuesday 5 June 2012

The Chance of Rain

This morning, I looked at the line
of heavy gray clouds lining the north
end of the sky, and I felt the crisp,
heavy touch of the eastern breeze,
and I admitted that if it were anywhere
in the world other than Karratha,
I'd swear it was going to rain today.

An hour later, the sun broke through
the clouds, burned them away
with its bright mid-morning touch,
the wind calmed to the steady gales,
and I heard that tomorrow's forecast
is one hundred percent chance of rain.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this poem. Isn't it ironic how the weather people think they're always right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Karin.

      Sometimes it seems like the disconnect with weather people is that they're inside reporting on what's likely to happen outside.

      Delete